2.25.2008

3.1

I did it.

I ran again.

It was FANTASTIC.

I was kind of expecting it to suck ... a lot. But it suprisingly didn't. It wasn't the easiest thing to get out of bed @ 5:30 this morning but I thought about how I was already like 3 weeks behind schedule and being lazy sure wasn't going to get me back on track.

I opted to go for Week 3 because I already had the podcast loaded. And to be honest, my hopes were very low that I'd be able to do it. I mean, I haven't run a step in weeks.

But I did do it. And it wasn't even that challenging. It was a little bit awkward the first 90 seconds but both 3 minute segments went by smoothly and I was kind of bummed that there were only 4 running secctions for the whole thing. I still have "leftover" bronchitis symptoms but they're not that bad and a little coughing post-run won't hurt me. I'm glad to report that I see no reason not to finish out Week 3 and keep moving on. If all works out I will still finish the plan before the 5K I was originally planning to run on April 19th. I'm in a GREAT mood today.

p.s. absolutely zero calf pain - apparently bronchitis is an effective cure for a muscle injury.

p.s.s. I'm also glad to report that I didn't gain any weight during my 3-week hiatus from exercise.

5 comments:

E said...

Yay! Way to go! Keep up the awesome job.

Aaron Cunningham said...

That's great! Welcome back!

Robert Barker said...

Awesome, welcome back.

Da Doo Run Run said...

Thanks for the comment! I appreciate it. Happy to find another C25K'er!

Abimars said...

Yay, welcome back