2.25.2008

3.1

I did it.

I ran again.

It was FANTASTIC.

I was kind of expecting it to suck ... a lot. But it suprisingly didn't. It wasn't the easiest thing to get out of bed @ 5:30 this morning but I thought about how I was already like 3 weeks behind schedule and being lazy sure wasn't going to get me back on track.

I opted to go for Week 3 because I already had the podcast loaded. And to be honest, my hopes were very low that I'd be able to do it. I mean, I haven't run a step in weeks.

But I did do it. And it wasn't even that challenging. It was a little bit awkward the first 90 seconds but both 3 minute segments went by smoothly and I was kind of bummed that there were only 4 running secctions for the whole thing. I still have "leftover" bronchitis symptoms but they're not that bad and a little coughing post-run won't hurt me. I'm glad to report that I see no reason not to finish out Week 3 and keep moving on. If all works out I will still finish the plan before the 5K I was originally planning to run on April 19th. I'm in a GREAT mood today.

p.s. absolutely zero calf pain - apparently bronchitis is an effective cure for a muscle injury.

p.s.s. I'm also glad to report that I didn't gain any weight during my 3-week hiatus from exercise.

5 comments:

Running Knitter said...

Yay! Way to go! Keep up the awesome job.

Aaron Cunningham said...

That's great! Welcome back!

Rob said...

Awesome, welcome back.

Da Doo Run Run said...

Thanks for the comment! I appreciate it. Happy to find another C25K'er!

Abimars said...

Yay, welcome back