3.30.2008

Week 6 ... check

W6D2 was a very brief, unexciting, but un-fun run. Knowing that I don't have to stop and stopping anyway kinda threw me off, but the second 10 minutes went really well.

Day 3 was great! It was SUPER windy, which I've noticed only once before during a run, but this time I really felt it. I felt like my pace was extremely slow, but I calculated with both gmaps & my ipod+ and it was about 11:04 pace. So I feel like I'll be able to finish the 5K in under 40 minutes at least. My biggest worry is being the slowest person out there ...

Anyway I feel like the next 3 weeks won't be as *exciting* as the last 7 have been because there won't be any "big steps" - just more running. I could have gone another 5 minutes today pretty easily. This program is amazing. I was skeptical at first but it totally worked. I plan to fudge the running times ever so slightly so I can get it at least one continus running 3-miler before the race. I seem to be stuck at 2.3 miles and even running 30 minutes at this pace I'll be at least a quarter mile away from my goal. So we'll work on that! ...

2 comments:

Aaron Cunningham said...

Good runs!

I keep hearing between 10 and 12 is about average for new runners, so given that and the popularity of 5Ks for new runners I really doubt you'll be last.

*jen* said...

Hey Lisa. It sounds like you are doing well. Keep rockin' it. There may not be as many "big" mile markers but every bit of progress you make is something to be proud of. Whether you run 5 minutes longer than the previous day or 15 minutes longer, it's an improvement! Do you keep a journal of your workouts? No worries about the 5k. You will do fantastically! :)