NOT "My First Race Report"

Thanks a million for the well wishes, but ...

I didn't race.

I don't know if it's newsworthy to other parts of the country or not, but Indiana is experiencing some massive flooding due to mother nature dropping 7 - 11 inches on us in less than 24 hours. Highest water levels ever recorded. So ~ 40 central/southern Indiana counties were under a state of emergency Friday. Both major southbound interstates were completely closed, cities being evacuated, etc. The race I was signed up for was to be run partially along the main canal going through Indianapolis. It seemed like a very bad idea. In fact, I was 99% sure they'd cancel it.

They didn't. I was devastated that I skipped it and it wasn't cancelled, but I think I made the right decision. Sorry if I let you down. I'm currently looking for a substitute. I'll let you know ASAP.


Kitzzy said...

Aww, sorry to hear that but you have to do what is best for you. I probably would have done the same thing. I keep reading about all these races going rain or shine and I just can't imagine running in rain. I am sure I will someday, but I am not that hard core yet :)

Da Doo Run Run said...

That's too bad. It sucks when weather gets in the way of your best-laid plans! Hope you find a good replacement, and good luck at the doc and with your 10K training!

Aaron Cunningham said...

Probably the best choice. Drowing or getting in accident for a race is definetly not worth it.

Good luck finding another one.