7.10.2008

I don't even remember what training week this is.

Did only one run in Wisconsin. I didn't do it until the morning before we left. I was (obviously) not mauled by bears. I was however, mauled by deer flies, so I wouldn't have done any more runs even if I'd done the first one sooner. I also haven't run SINCE then, which means I have to run today and two of the three remaining days this week to get to 4 runs (a goal which I've been aiming for, but so far have not achieved).

Downside to Wisconsin: food. really good food. and lots of it. -- I gained like 6 pounds in 5 days. I'm not joking. I have no idea how it happened. I ate more than usual I guess but I didn't think it was that over the top. We tend to do a lot of sitting around so that probably didn't help either. At any rate, I am super bummed because in 6+ months of running pretty consistently, I'd only lost maybe 8 pounds. So I am now back to 2 pounds from my heaviest. I don't blog too much about my weight, and I don't want my running or this blog to become about it. I'm not overly obsessive about, even though I think (know) I need to lose 40-50 pounds. I just thought running would
help. Anyway. There's my rant. I need to eat less. I eat decent quality food so I think it's primarily a portion control problem at dinner. It's mostly because I don't know how to cook for one. And I don't know how to put the extra 2 or 3 servings away for leftovers and stay out of them. If anyone has any tips I'd love them.

I'm planning a 4-miler today so I'll update post-run to tell you how it went. I'm not feeling super optimistic at the moment but I'll try to shake that feeling in the next couple of hours.

1 comment:

Aaron Cunningham said...

Glad to hear you didn't get eaten. :)

The weight thing is always a pain in the butt. Sounds like you are already splittingyou meals into portions and leftovers when you dish them out. That really helped us, along with weighing/measuring, and honestly the biggest thing was using a food log to track calories and macronutrients.

The log helped us pe responsible to the log to keep thing sunder control. Even when we had a bad day, we tracked it all, and that helped minimuze it a little, because you knew you were going to see it when you looked at it again.

I can put myine up somewhere you can get to it if you need one.